Sunday 21 June 2009

FMP - 'The Experiment'

The show was up on wednesday 17th June, it was a great show with a mass of great work from lots of students. The thing that shocked me the most was being awarded the Victoria Davidson Award for Fine Art, which ment alot to me. Congratulations to the other award winners aswell!!


........................................................................................................................................................................


I started basing my project around aspects of suffocation and now much of my work is linked with old American horror movies such as 'The Blob' and 'Godzilla'. They are still connected through the development of my work. I wanted to create an eerie atmosphere that has been projected from my lead-in productions and sculptures, so i have used photography to express this in my final major project. There is a continuous sexual theme hidden within my sculpturesas they are created using latex condoms, but are also influenced by the female form, reproduction and consumption.


My Final Major Project Show.



This setup represents a scientific experiment, more along the lines of a 50's roswell alien autopsy. The photographs in the background show the testing taking place, the sculptures on the floor are the original creatures and the display on the operating table contain the offspring of the creatures which are being examined. There are sections of the display which suggest chaos and the madness of the operation where the creatures are escaping.



Background images (photograph of photograph - hence bad quality)




Medical table offspring.


The creatures inside the eggs themselves are randomly asembled cut up toys, everything that was consumed then mixed together i.e machinery animals and humans in one. heres how they were before...


No comments:

Post a Comment